The Hip Harness Jersey Sleeping Bag is for infants and toddlers who are being treated for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH), and are required to wear a special brace (orthosis). Designed for arms-out sleepers (usually from around 4 months of age), the stretchy Jersey Bag and is recommended as baby's 'first sleeping bag' after the swaddling phase is over. The extra wide bell-shaped bottom is approved by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as being hip-healthy and comfortably fits over a Pavlik Harness, Denis Browne Brace and Rhino Brace. Made from and filled with GOTS-certified organic cotton, that is non-toxic certified and gentle on baby's skin.
The 2.5 TOG Jersey Sleeping Bag is perfect for keeping a child warm overnight in rooms 17-23°C / 63-73°F. The TOG rating means that there is no need for additional blankets in the cot when using this product, making it a safe-sleep option. Parents can be rest assured that the breathable organic fibres will help regulate their child’s temperature and prevent overheating. Parents can follow the FREE room thermometer and What to Wear guide provided with the product, to layer appropriately underneath to keep their child warm.
The Jersey Sleeping Bag meets all safety standards in Australia and New Zealand and is reviewed by the Eczema Association of Australasia as a skin-friendly product. All ergoPouch fabrics are dyed with non-toxic water based dyes, and come in trend-driven prints and colours to suit any nursery.
ergoPouch make natural fibre, premium, ergonomically designed sleepwear and sleep solutions for babies and kids that are TOG-rated for warmth.
Sleep (or lack of) in the first five years is difficult and full of challenges. The ergoPouch range spans newborn to 6 years old, and is designed to take the guesswork out of dressing your child safely for sleep, no matter the temperature.
3-12M: Pouch length 80 cm
To fit: Weight 6-10 kg, Height 62-76 cm
8-24M: Pouch length 90 cm
To fit: Weight 8-14 kg, Height 68-92 cm
HOW TO USE
1. Lay Jersey Bag on flat, low surface with zip open and arm studs closed
2. Lay baby on top of Jersey Bag. Tuck legs/brace into swaddle, and zip up with baby's hands in desired position (by sides, or across chest). The extra length of the pouch can be rolled up underneath the brace, for your child's brace to rest on if thats comfortable for them.
3. To change a nappy or cool down baby, zip open from the bottom of the pouch to release legs/brace and lower torso. Zip closed again when finished.
4. Layer underneath for warmth as needed.
5. To transition to arms-out sleeping once showing signs of rolling, release arms by opening the studs on the shoulders. We suggest doing this one arm at a time over several days.
6. The Jersey Bag can continue to be used as a safe sleep option once your baby's harness is no longer required.
Always sleep your baby in a safe-sleep environment.
Gentle cold wash, Low tumble dry, Moderately Hot Iron, Drycleanable, Do not use bleach-based stain removers on the garment.
GOTS certified organic cotton
Made & filled with organic cotton
Breathable Natural Fibres
slim fit & stretchy
Arms out sleeping
Keeps baby snug
TOG-rated for warmth
No blankets needed